Wellness, Mental Health and Aging
June 29, 2017
Passavant Hospital Foundation Conference Center
700 Cumberland Woods Dr., Allison Park, PA 15101
8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
This conference will address challenges and opportunities in providing behavioral health services for the aging population. Designed specifically for staff of aging and behavioral health providers, (including front-line workers, therapists and clinicians), as well as caregivers, the sessions at this conference will teach tangible, concrete skills to address aging and maintaining wellness. This year the focus will be on wellness, diet and spirituality in aging. Opportunity to network with other professionals will be made available.
Judy L. Cameron, Ph.D.
Professor of Psychiatry; Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Medicine;
Clinical Translational Research Institute, University of Pittsburgh
Director: Working For Kids: Building SkillsTM
Ronald M. Glick, MD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Medical Director of the Center for Integrative Medicine
Other Presenters and Topic Include:
- Jennifer Engel, MS – “OSHER/Art Talk: The Role of Lifelong Learning”
- Tanya J. Fabian, PharmD, PhD, BCPP – “Medications in Elderly- The Good, Bad and the Ugly”
- Carol M. Greco, PhD –“Mind-Body Connection in Wellness”
- Donna McBride, LPC, NCC – “Art and Wellness – A Perfect Match”
- Thelma C. Mitchell, M.Div., M.Ed. – “Spirituality Talk in Aging”
- Rick Morycz, PhD, QCSW, LCSW – “Recovery Principles in Mental Health, Strength-Based Approaches to Care and Successful Aging”
Course Directors: LalithKumar K. Solai, MD, Service Chief & Medical Director, Geriatric Psychiatry Service, Medical Director, Center for Interventional Psychiatry, WPIC, Associate Professor of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine; Americus DeSantis, CRNP; Senior Nurse Practitioner, Benedum Geriatric Center; Kelly O’Toole, MSW, LCSW, Clinical Administrator, Adult and Geriatrics, WPIC
For additional information and to register online, please go to: http://bit.ly/2q3Qwsv. To register with a check or department transfer, please go to http://www.yftipa.org/pages/wpic-oerp-western-psychiatric-institute-and-clinic-office-of-educational-resources-and-planning for a full brochure.